Friday, August 24, 2007

Host Family Goodbye

Swear in. I took my final language test yesterday, and I passed on to swear in level. I am now an intermediate high. I dont really have much today to say besides the fact that I leave to the isolation that is my village on Sunday, and cant travel out of my region for 3 months, so I dont know how often I will be able to update/email.

Tuesday was the last night that all of the secondary education volunteers spent with their host families, and I wasnt really sure how mine was going to go. It has been a little weird the last couple of weeks because I still have problems speaking the french. Anyways, it turned out to be really great, and I am going to miss my host family. I bought them some presents at the marchè and some stuff from American, and they ended up getting me a sweet Burkinabè shirt. The weird thing was that they hired a photographer and he took pictures of me handing them a box with my gift in it and them handing me a shirt. For dinner we had probably the best food I have had since I have lived in Ouahigouya, fried chicken. Other stuff happened, but I am really tired right now.

1 comment:

Mom and Dad of Caleb said...

Caleb,

Congratulations on passing your language test and becoming a PCV.

Did the fried chicken come from the rooster who woke you so early each day?

We anxiously await the rest of the story, or "other stuff that happened."

Love you,

Mom & Dad