Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Pictures





Storm is a brewin'! This is the veiw from my porch.







Children in my village along the road next to my house. I gave my camera to my neighbor the other day and he took it around town and took pictures. It actually was probably a stupid idea, but my camera found its way back to me.





The children on my porch very excited about recieving the pens that little did they know were of no use to them.








What a happy african family! My host parents and I after the swear in ceremony. The last thing that I said to them was that I was going to learn french at some point in these next two years and then I would come back and we could actually have a conversation



Matiakoali sign on the way in from Fada with one of its many spellings








The path through the fields of corn. Not the best picture, but I have gotten lost many a time in the corn maze that is my village















3 comments:

Ben and Carrie Tracks said...

Yay! This is my first time to your site and I will be a regular from here on out. WHAT A PLACE!! I am super excited for you and wish you luck with your poop, trash delimma, drinks in bags (peruvians do that too!), roaches, endless fields, and couscous (gross, I agree). The only thing you're missing over there in all seriousness is Cash Cab and Dirty Jobs. All else is much more fun and interesting on your side. Ok, that's all for now- glad to see you are doing so well!

Mom and Dad of Caleb said...

Caleb,

We enjoyed your photos and your previous post. Your sense of humor will keep you going. Is there anything you can take besides lariam?

The tree limb in the picture from your front porch resembles the trees in our yard after January's ice storm. Paved road, cell tower, green trees, green grass, tall green corn....are you really in Africa?

Nice shirt! So bright and vibrant.

Four day weekend coming up for me and a happy first day of school to you!

Love you,

Mom & Dad

BLW said...

Sorry to invade your blogspace once again - I want to be able to give you wide berth for your time in Matiakoali with little commentary from les anciennes - but I just saw the picture of the kids on your terrace. I think I see Moussa and Anna in that picture and it made me cry to see those kids again. I mean, they're annoying (I can't even imagine the whistles), but dang, I had missed them. Thanks for the nostalgia. Best in all!