Saturday, April 25, 2009

Super White

At first I didn't like being called nasara, or o bopienno, or le blanc or any other number of ways the locals had for saying white person/foreigner. I would introduce myself to everyone, kids and adults alike, so that they would start yelling my name instead of chanting, "white person, white person". I would get angry that they only saw me for my skin color and I was only a random white person without a name of my own. Then I embraced it. I was THE WHITE. I was a superhero whose super power was the ability to glow in the dark, and give out candy faster than a speeding bullet. I would get suspicious if I was told by the kids that there was another foreigner they saw in the market on the way to school. Who did they think they were? Matiacoali is only big enough for one THE WHITE. There is no room for THE WHITES. But in three months, I will move back to America and back to my mild-mannered alter ego. Who will defend the fair village of Matiacoali in my absence from such super villans as The Girl Disempowerer? I will have hung up my white cape in retired as THE WHITE. I, being the third education volunteer in my village, am the last of my kind. I have heard rumors that I will be replaced by a Girls Education and Empowerment volunteer that will work with the primary school. If that is the case, The Girl Disempowerer doesn't stand a chance. I just hope that the villagers of Matiacoali, will not forget me as THE WHITE, THEIR WHITE.

4 comments:

Luna Mariem said...

I truly LOLed at this blog post Caleb. U are a great writer and your humor really adds to it~! I am sure the people of Matiocali will miss the White superhero.

PS I must defend my female sister and say three cheers for the Empowerer. :)

Heather Ponzer said...

You are not going to feel that special here in Missouri, my friend. Sorry. :(

You will always be nasara to me though. :)

TRANSIZIONE said...

Loved it. Well said. Can't wait to be called Nazara again real soon!

Anonymous said...

[url=http://www.27kadrov.ru/index.php?cstart=2&]дети шпионов 3 hd[/url]
[url=http://27kadrov.ru/index.php?newsid=134]смотреть бесплатно конура[/url]


С самого момента своего появления профессиональное кино приобрело громадную популярность, и стало поистине искусством. К нему имели желание приобщиться все. С течением лет искусство кинематографии только развивалось и процветало, создавались абсолютно новые жанры и стили, способы создания кинолент, оригинальные спецэффекты. Можно отметить, что сегодня киноленты находятся на пике своей популярности, и в спросе как старые кинокартины, так и новые кинокартины, только что вышедшие в свет, которые поражают зрителя интересной развязкой и своими эффектами. Но наибольшим преимуществом развития киноиндустрии является отсутствие необходимости платить немалые деньги за билет в кино либо покупать дорогой диск с видеофильмом, чтобы посмотреть в супер качестве. Сейчас все намного проще, достаточно зайти на портал 27kadrov.ru, чтобы посмотреть хороший фильм онлайн полностью бесплатно, не платя за такое удовольствие ничего, не отсылая никаких сообщений, не проходя регистрацию.
На сайте представлены киноленты разного жанра, которые помогут удовлетворить вкусы любого любителя кино. На этом сайте можно посмотреть даже самые последние новинки, в отличном качестве с большой скоростью.

[url=http://27kadrov.ru/index.php?newsid=565]неуправляемый занос смотреть онлайн[/url]
[url=http://27kadrov.ru/main/330-spisok-kontaktov.html]синьор робинзон смотреть онлайн бесплатно[/url]