Tuesday, July 7, 2009

OPERATION: Go Insane!

It has been a while, but I am still alive. The lion has disappeared. When the rains started, it moved on to greener pastures, and left my village to defend itself from nothing more than donkeys and chickens. Since the last time, my school threw me a going away party, I took a hiking trip in Dogon Country in Mali, and I celebrated the 4th of July with some waterfalls. Only one month left. Back to village to pack and say my goodbyes. Next stop America.
Pictures
1. Hiking in Mali, found an oaisis
2. My school
3. Ouoba Boureima, treasurer at my school
4. President of the Matiacoali PTA
5. The Principal and all the other teachers at my school
6. MONKEYS! at my neighbors house
7. Hiking in Mali
8. Hiking in Mali

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Will you be bringing the outfit in the 3rd picture home with you? It will make you the center of attention here, just as being a Nasara makes you the center of attention there.

curswine said...

Hey, I have only just found your blog and I am finding it a very compelling read indeed, looking forward to your next few entries, hopefully I can get to go to some place like Burkina Faso one day.