Saturday, July 21, 2007

Model School

So model school started this week, and so far I have only had to teach for 30 minutes, but next week that is going to change to me teaching an hour each day. So far I have given a lesson on stems and trunks of trees/plants. It is pretty exciting. On monday I will be giving my hour lecture on the parts of a flower. Model school is making me feel a lot more confident in my teaching/French speaking abilities, but I still have a long way to go.

Speaking of French speaking, I passed my second language test! Everyone passes them, so that is not really the exciting part, the exciting part is that I am no longer a novice low, you can now refer to me as Caleb the Intermediate Low. The class that I am in right now has six people in it and already in the first week I feel like I have increased my vocabulary a lot.

Other than that my life this week has been really quite boring. The cat at my host familys house had two kittens, which kind of freaked me out because the momma cat is the scroniest kitten looking cat I have ever seen. My mom told me to put up a wish list of stuff that I would like people to send me if they felt so inclined, but I dont really have a list. However, if anyone does feel the need to send some tasty treats, an interesting book, or anything you can imagine poor bored Caleb would enjoy in the hot desolate place that is Africa I wont send it back.

1 comment:

Mom and Dad of Caleb said...

Caleb,

Congratulations on passing your French test! We're glad you are feeling more confident. We think you will be a very entertaining teacher. Good luck!

When does your "real" school year begin? Do you have a budget to help purchase classroom supplies? How large will your classes be?

Wish list....What authors do you enjoy? What type of books do you like to read?

We planted a Crimson King Maple today to replace the Redbud the ice storm demolished. We fear we will lose a few more trees in our yard because of the damage from the ice storm.

Bet you won't have to worry about ice storms in Africa!

Love you,

Mom & Dad