Saturday, July 7, 2007



So apparently I can only post one picture per message, so there will be a few posts for today.
So this was our 4th of July Party. It was quite the spectacle. All of the kids in the village wanted to watch us do everything.

Also apparently I am not the brightest crayon in the box because you can post more than one picture per message you just have to be smarter than the computer to do it.

Novice-Lows Representin`!!! These are the two other members of the novice-low language group. As you can see by the looks on their faces, as usual, we have no idea what is going on. On the left is Marty, and on the right is Chris who is one of the "marrieds" of the group. Today we had a language test so hopefully we will no longer be known as the novice lows. I have my goals set high for some novice-mid action. I have to be at Intermediate-high in two months. We will see if that happens.
On a different note, I have a cold. Who gets a cold in Africa? Everyone else gets E Coli, which dont get me wrong I dont want, but I didnt have to leave America to get a cold. I got colds all the time there.

2 comments:

Mom and Dad of Caleb said...

Caleb,

Pictures! We enjoyed the pictures! Now that you know how to post pictures, we would like to request pictures of:
YOU
your homestay
your homestay family
your homestay room
your French teacher
other volunteers
new site at Matiakoali

Will you be starting a cross country team at your school? Do Peace Corps coaches get an extra stipend? ;)

Your dad got a new hammock this week, like the one you had in high school.

We hope your trip via public transportation is pleasant and not too odiferous.

Looking forward to stories of your travels.

Love you,

Mom & Dad

Sarah said...

you're gonna start a cross country team? that would be cool. did you do cross country when you were in highschool? i also wanna see more pics with you in them. you should've taken a pic of the little girl who made fun of you. hope you enjoy the care package my moms sending you.

-sarah